Anyone with Residency Relocation Private Loan Experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

residentdoc8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has experience in taking out a private residency relocation loan (or taken out a private loan used for residency applications/interviews, etc.)? If so, which bank would be the best one to go with? Or any key terms in the loan contract that I should be looking for? I've scoured SDN but there doesn't seem to be anything current- or anyone who has already gone through the process.

Has anyone gone with citiassist? Any helpful advice would be very much appreciate- thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone has experience in taking out a private residency relocation loan (or taken out a private loan used for residency applications/interviews, etc.)? If so, which bank would be the best one to go with? Or any key terms in the loan contract that I should be looking for? I've scoured SDN but there doesn't seem to be anything current- or anyone who has already gone through the process.

Has anyone gone with citiassist? Any helpful advice would be very much appreciate- thank you so much!

Back when I did it, they all had virtually identical terms and rates so it didn't much matter. It sucks to have to do it but it's better (usually) than putting it on a credit card.

Except- if something bad happens, financially speaking, credit card debt is dischargeable in bankruptcy. Student loan debt is not. The private student loan companies are the worst at relentlessly pursuing you to the ends of the earth to make sure the debt is paid. Some of them don't even have clauses that cancel the loan in the event of the student's death. At least the federal loans have that.