Anyone with UHS or Nova interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mazya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, when?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey mazya! Not quite sure I understand the question. Are you asking if anyone has had those interviews? If so, I'm your girl. I'd be happy to answer any questions about either of those schools.

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Hi SD,

I'm having a NOVA interview next week and I was wondering what did you think about it compared to UHS/COM? Also, how was your interview?

Tej

Members don't see this ad :)
Sara,

Could you tell us a little bit about how your interview at NSUCOM went, format and such? Has anyone recieved an acceptance from NSUCOM?

-Joshua

SD,
I actually meant if anyone will have an interview later on. I have mine in a couple of weeks and wanted to know who else might have theirs at the same day as me. But you can tell us about your experience. What questions did they ask you and what did you ask them? Between Nova and UHS, which one were you more impressed with?

Tej, what day is you interview?

Hey! Sure, I'll try to give you as much info as I can. First about NOVA:

NOVA is in Ft Laud. - This is nice, I'm from Florida, and family is there. Cost of living is pretty high, from $700-$1000 avg for a 2bdrm apartment. The mini suburb of Davie, which the school is located in, is alright. The area itself is pretty old, and there's a lot of construction going on.

The facilities are very modern. It's located in a $60 million dollar building, named after Dr. Terry himself. The labs are stark white, and kind of remind me of a mental institution. Lots of space in the gross lab. Since NOVA is not just a DO school, there were tons of people going every which way. I must have caught it in between classes, plus there was a blood drive going on. The lecture auditorium is absolutely huge. It's the biggest I've seen yet. It's in very good condition, it's just BIG. They even got some stadium seating in the back. (kinda like in the movie theatres...)

NOVA does have attendance and dress policies. Make sure you have the white coat in arm.

The interview was pretty good. I was in the afternoon group, and arrived there around 11:30. The Dean was not in town, so we waited around for awhile. Then a tour guide showed up, and we started the tour. It was a pretty complete tour, we saw the auditorium, gross lab, and a couple of other labs. After the tour, we went back to Admin and waited for the interviews to start. There was a 3-member panel, one DO, one faculty, and one admin. The interviews lasted from 15 to 30 minutes, and were somewhat formal. They asked about a blemish on my record, why NOVA, why osteo, what if I don't get in, etc. Just know yourself and properly defend yourself and you'll do fine.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask, or better yet, you may want to ask someone who is already attending the school.

UHS vs. NOVA. Very tough choice. Still working on that one.
smile.gif

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Thanks Sara
smile.gif

Mazya,
My interview is on Nov. 5 in the morning.

I just noticed, I'm a senior memeber now.

Hey Tej!! Congrats and welcome to the Elite!
smile.gif

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX