Anything Else to do but wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dog2442

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently waiting to hear back from MD schools for an interview and I am wondering if there is anything else I can do but wait. Since applying, I have started working, but I stated that I would be doing this work in my application so I don't believe there is anything to add. Is it helpful to contact a school somehow and tell them I am still interested or should I simply wait and see?

Members don't see this ad.

Just wait. All of us are in the same boat, just waiting until we hear something back one way or another. If you have something significant that you'd like schools to know (a new position, a publication, etc) then you can certainly update them, but I wouldn't update just to attempt to keep your app afloat.

Hello,

I am currently waiting to hear back from MD schools for an interview and I am wondering if there is anything else I can do but wait. Since applying, I have started working, but I stated that I would be doing this work in my application so I don't believe there is anything to add. Is it helpful to contact a school somehow and tell them I am still interested or should I simply wait and see?

If there were anything to do, everyone would be doing it.

MD schools will process ~800,000 applications this cycle. Kick back, relax.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Take up a hobby that consumes a lot of your spare time/attention...something with a learning curve
Find a new place to volunteer
If you're going to have to move for medical school, now is as good a time as any to declutter your stuff/get organized.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

Patience is a virtue.

Stay busy

Yeah... we are all waiting right now. I've found it helpful to stay busy. For example... my personal hobbies that were important for me during undergrad I continue to do, I'm working quite a bit, and I've picked up a few new additions such as teaching myself sign language. I just figured that if I was going to wait, I might as well make the best of it.

“You can get so confused
that you’ll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place…

…for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night