Anything From Nova?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stargyalny

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from NOVA?

Members don't see this ad.

stargyalny said:
Has anyone heard anything from NOVA?

unfortunately not. i hate this waiting game!!!!!!!! :scared:

Nova will BEGIN making decisions on Nov. 14th... we can expect to hear within a week or two of that date. No one has heard, if it makes you feel any better :oops: Which is probably doesn't! :)
Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
ndearwater said:
Nova will BEGIN making decisions on Nov. 14th... we can expect to hear within a week or two of that date. No one has heard, if it makes you feel any better :oops: Which is probably doesn't! :)
Hang in there!

so i got an email from NOva today saying that they are interested in inviting me for an interview, but i need to send my supplemental app. do we have to send them the evaluation forms if we already had our evaluators fill out the online letter of rec forms on pharmcas?

gmohamma said:
so i got an email from NOva today saying that they are interested in inviting me for an interview, but i need to send my supplemental app. do we have to send them the evaluation forms if we already had our evaluators fill out the online letter of rec forms on pharmcas?

no, if you have 3 electronic references from pharmcas you dont have to send them again with the supplemental

I got a letter today from Nova stating all the classes I need to fulfill my pre-reqs. The letter says these items are neccessary to continue reviewing your file. Does this mean they will not accept students who are in the process of completing their pre-reqs?? I plan to have them complete by the end of Summer I semester.

megrxgirl said:
I got a letter today from Nova stating all the classes I need to fulfill my pre-reqs. The letter says these items are neccessary to continue reviewing your file. Does this mean they will not accept students who are in the process of completing their pre-reqs?? I plan to have them complete by the end of Summer I semester.

That's stupid because on the supplemental there is a section for "Courses In Progress or Planned Courses." It even asks the semester in which you'll be completing the courses.

Hmmm??? :confused:

calrx said:
That's stupid because on the supplemental there is a section for "Courses In Progress or Planned Courses." It even asks the semester in which you'll be completing the courses.

Hmmm??? :confused:

I know...that is why I am completely confused :eek:

Email them, it's the fastest way to contact them.

So, has anyone heard any other kind of response from NOVA???? When are they reviewing us who have already interviewed ????This waiting is driving me nuts........ :scared:

nimette said:
So, has anyone heard any other kind of response from NOVA???? When are they reviewing us who have already interviewed ????This waiting is driving me nuts........ :scared:

The reviewed on November 14th. We should hear something within "a week or two of then"- according to Crystal.
So that would be the 28th. So around mid-December. :laugh: J/K
It won't be much longer I'm sure. :)

I spoke to Crystal three times last week, and as of Friday, she did not have the files from the Dean's Office. She said when she gets the files, she will be mailing out letters a week after that....I hate waiting too, I had my interview on October 5, so it has been a long month and a half! lol

Hang in there guys, Soon.

JordanP

ndearwater said:
The reviewed on November 14th. We should hear something within "a week or two of then"- according to Crystal.
So that would be the 28th. So around mid-December. :laugh: J/K
It won't be much longer I'm sure. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
JordanP, what school are you going to now? You must have been the first to get interviewed then on the 5th, wow.

Yeah, I guess so, I go to University of Miami.

voskoboy said:
JordanP, what school are you going to now? You must have been the first to get interviewed then on the 5th, wow.

just thought i would update everyone. letters supposedly went out wednesday, so we should be hearing from them soon. Good Luck... :scared:

good luck to all

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!...Please keep me posted if anyone hears from Nova

Why has it been a week and I haven't heard anything? I'm getting scared... :scared:

Hey, Don't Worry, we are all in the same boat. I check the mailbox every day for that certified letter. You gotta remember that Thanksgiving Thursday there was no mail, and Sunday there was no mail, so even if she sent them out on Wednesday, that gives it 4 business days. I guess we just have to be patient.

Everything will be fine, I heard there were not many rejections from the first batch, so I think we are good.

Keep Us Posted, If you Hear Anything! :D

stargyalny said:
Why has it been a week and I haven't heard anything? I'm getting scared... :scared:

I remembr when I got my certified letter I had to pick it up at the post office-I got a notice in the mail saying I had a certified letter waiting for me.

JordanP said:
Hey, Don't Worry, we are all in the same boat. I check the mailbox every day for that certified letter. You gotta remember that Thanksgiving Thursday there was no mail, and Sunday there was no mail, so even if she sent them out on Wednesday, that gives it 4 business days. I guess we just have to be patient.

Everything will be fine, I heard there were not many rejections from the first batch, so I think we are good.

This thing wound up posting three times b/c wonderful SDN was working super slow as usual (not my computer- I have DSL)

JordanP said:

Once again- it reposted and would not let me delete it.

I remember when I got my certified letter I had to pick it up at the post office-I got a notice in the mail saying I had a certified letter waiting for me.

JordanP said:

I got a note from the post office today saying they had a certified "large envelope" waiting for me to pick up sometime tomorrow after 8am. So..... I guess that's a good thing. :p

ndearwater said:
I got a note from the post office today saying they had a certified "large envelope" waiting for me to pick up sometime tomorrow after 8am. So..... I guess that's a good thing. :p

You are in- congrats! :thumbup:

Congradualations! It is a great accomplishment to get accepted to several schools! Way to Go!

QUOTE=ndearwater]I got a note from the post office today saying they had a certified "large envelope" waiting for me to pick up sometime tomorrow after 8am. So..... I guess that's a good thing. :p[/QUOTE]

Awesome.... :) Thanks for the compliment Jordan... :love:

Ndearwater- WOW!! CONGRATS!! I'm so jealous!! haha... :love:

Now that you have several options, where do you really want to go?

calrx said:
Ndearwater- WOW!! CONGRATS!! I'm so jealous!! haha... :love:

Now that you have several options, where do you really want to go?

I'll be attending Shenandoah University in Winchester, VA. It's a beautiful campus/location and my boyfriend works up there. I'm really excited for next year!
But I'm really honored to have been accepted at Mercer and Nova as well, both of which are excellent programs! I'm gonna email Nova and tell them... open up one more seat for someone else. :)

CONGRATS!!!! I just had a quick question, where do you live, because I still haven't heard anything. Once again Congrats! :)

stargyalny said:
CONGRATS!!!! I just had a quick question, where do you live, because I still haven't heard anything. Once again Congrats! :)

Hey I'm in Lakeland (west/central Florida)... Good luck! :luck:

I am in....... Finally, relief after __ days.... I haven't recieved either one of the letters they said they sent but I spoke to Tracey and Crystal today to verify things. They said many student have complained about missing letters. So I am not sure what is going on over there....

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nimette said:
I am in....... Finally, relief after __ days.... I haven't recieved either one of the letters they said they sent but I spoke to Tracey and Crystal today to verify things. They said many student have complained about missing letters. So I am not sure what is going on over there....

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, congrats!! You are on fire- hahaha. Send some of that luck my way! :D

calrx said:

Where did you apply? I'm from NY also, thats why I asked

calrx said:

Thanks..... Sending luck your way. It won't have to go very far, I too am from Ny. I live in Queens presently, but originally from FL. Good Luck, be patient, it will happen. Good Luck Again....

nimette said:
Thanks..... Sending luck your way. It won't have to go very far, I too am from Ny. I live in Queens presently, but originally from FL. Good Luck, be patient, it will happen. Good Luck Again....

Yay for New Yorkers! :laugh: If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I just mailed my Nova supplemental a week or so ago and am anxiously waiting to hear something... :eek: PM me if you'd rather...

calrx said:
Yay for New Yorkers! :laugh: If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I just mailed my Nova supplemental a week or so ago and am anxiously waiting to hear something... :eek: PM me if you'd rather...

3.2 science, 3.3 overall and 91 % on pcat. Good Luck.....