Anything I Can Do Besides Wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

customx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two acceptances, both of which are at private schools. I have interviewed at Michigan, UW and UNLV but have yet to hear back from any of them. Is it even possible at this point to do anything to increase my chances of getting an acceptance? I'm grateful for the acceptances thus far, but would love to attend any of the three universities if given the opportunity. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

email of intent wouldn't hurt. maybe personally handing in a good LOR.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do some more volunteering and give them updates on it.

I have over 100 hours volunteering, 350+ hours of shadowing and years of work experience. I'm finishing biochem II and a&p II by this spring, in addition to working full-time, so I don't really have any more room for volunteering. I just called one of the schools and they told me they don't look at letters of intent.

has any of those schools sent out second round of acceptances?

I believe all three schools have sent out acceptances after January 1. My UNLV interview was a couple weeks ago, but I know that someone from my interview group has already been accepted. Seats are filling up quick and I'd like to get one before they're all gone.

Hey congrats on getting into your two schools! Stay patient and stay positive and good things will happen. For the schools you got into did you put down a deposit. Do at least one cuz you don't want to risk anything on missing out. The worst case scenario is that you'll put in a non - refundable deposit to a school you got into right now and you may end up getting into the others you want to go to and will go there thereby spending a lot of your money. Therefore be wise and put a deposit if you haven't done so because you don't want to lose your seat. Best of luck with your apps and I hope you get in to where you want to go!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey congrats on getting into your two schools! Stay patient and stay positive and good things will happen. For the schools you got into did you put down a deposit. Do at least one cuz you don't want to risk anything on missing out. The worst case scenario is that you'll put in a non - refundable deposit to a school you got into right now and you may end up getting into the others you want to go to and will go there thereby spending a lot of your money. Therefore be wise and put a deposit if you haven't done so because you don't want to lose your seat. Best of luck with your apps and I hope you get in to where you want to go!
Thank you for the kind words. I have already put a $1k deposit down at one school and will be turning down the other school in the next few days. I was actually most impressed with the private school I have paid the deposit to, but the COA is very high. I would be able to save $100-200k by getting accepted into one of the three public schools.

Decided to send some emails to schools that I interviewed at and another email to a school I'm still interested in. All I can do is wait and see if it pays off

Reactions: 1 user
I have over 100 hours volunteering, 350+ hours of shadowing and years of work experience. I'm finishing biochem II and a&p II by this spring, in addition to working full-time, so I don't really have any more room for volunteering. I just called one of the schools and they told me they don't look at letters of intent.
Just out of curiosity, which school said they don't look at letters of intent?? Im in the same boat and am nor sure whether or not emailing will do any good!