Anything new for Howard??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldaze

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Acceptances, Rejections and all that 'good' stuff?? Anyone know when their last interview dates are and how thier class size is looking?--full, getting there, not even close lol!-------since Howard doesnt seem to be anywhere near tha top of most people's lists.......wats up??? :D

Members don't see this ad.

dentaldaze said:
Acceptances, Rejections and all that 'good' stuff?? Anyone know when their last interview dates are and how thier class size is looking?--full, getting there, not even close lol!-------since Howard doesnt seem to be anywhere near tha top of most people's lists.......wats up??? :D

I interviewed at Howard on Feb 7th. They said that they had interviewed 150 people and offered spots to about 20 people out of the 85 seats they have. They are interviewing all the way to April this time around. They usually have three sets of interviews followed by an Admissions board meeting where they decide who to accept out of the three groups of interviewies. I still havent heard back from them after the interview but they apparently missed last weeks board meeting due to weather, or at least thats what I was told. Im not sure how many sets of interviews there are but Im sure they are still handing out interviews. Alot of people that were accepted in the first round of interviews havent commited to Howard so there are alot of empty seats left to fill. Good Luck!!!

PanchoVilla said:
I interviewed at Howard on Feb 7th. They said that they had interviewed 150 people and offered spots to about 20 people out of the 85 seats they have. They are interviewing all the way to April this time around. They usually have three sets of interviews followed by an Admissions board meeting where they decide who to accept out of the three groups of interviewies. I still havent heard back from them after the interview but they apparently missed last weeks board meeting due to weather, or at least thats what I was told. Im not sure how many sets of interviews there are but Im sure they are still handing out interviews. Alot of people that were accepted in the first round of interviews havent commited to Howard so there are alot of empty seats left to fill. Good Luck!!!

Thanx for the reply! :) they really only offered spots to 20 out of 85 people? wow! did you like tha D.C. area when you went for your interview? i tend to hear a lot about tha "area". In essence, got any positives and negatives about ur visit u can share?

I went to visit DC area a year ago to visit Howard Dental School because I have family there. Let's just say it had to be one of the worst neighborhodds I have ever been too in my life. DC in general is horrible as far as crime and such. Yeah it has cool museums, and Georgetown is a hip place, but Howard is located probably 1 minute walking distance from drug dealers, prostistutes, and the homeless.

Personally if I got accepted there it would be a tough choice to go there...hope this helps!