AOA/AMA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cliff

Reaction score
After being accepted to KCOM I recieved a letter welcoming me to AOA. I am curious if students accepted to other schools have also received similar letters. I am suspicious because the letter is postmarked from Kirksville.

I am also curious if I am able to become a AMA member because of my acceptance to an osteopathic medical school. I want the free publications, and other perks.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Cliff,

I also got the letter from the AOA along with my acceptance packet from COMP. I hope they keep their end of the bargain, I want my free copies of The DO and the JAOA. You may have to pay membership fees to be a student member of the AMA, I don't know.

EDGAR

You might want to check to see if your school has an AMA-MSS (medical student section) chapter. Several osteopathic schools have them, and they can be very active. I am a member of the AMA-MSS at AZCOM- for the $54 fee for a three year membership (I joined during the beginning of my 2nd year) I get 3 years of JAMA, AM-News, a weekly newspaper that updates political and health issues, and the PDR. It's a great deal even if you are not motivated by being a member of the AMA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a member of the AMA, TMA, TCMS, etc...all allopathic organizations. Believe me, no added benefits here - just a free issue of JAMA twice every month. I'm inclined to decline my membership with both the AMA and the AOA. One doesn't represent me and the other does just as poor a job in trying to represent me.