AOA OB/GYN Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imasadpanda

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to research the pros and cons of the various osteopathic OB/GYN residencies, but without much success. There seems to be a lot of information on ranking MD residency, but not a lot on DO. A lot of threads with little to no replies. I am not interested in doing an allopathic residency because I want to use and be taught osteopathic medicine during my residency and in my practice and I didn't take the USMLE.

I was wondering if there are any residents who have some insight on ranking osteopathic OB/GYN residencies. Any with personal experience with this?

The particular programs I am interested in are WesternU Arrowhead in Colton, CA, and MWU OPTI Resurrection in Chicago, IL, but is there a good resource to learn about other highly desired residencies or ones I should avoid? I tried scutwork, but again, not a lot of info on osteopathic residencies.

Are there programs that require a traditional rotating year, or is that not applicable for OB/GYN?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

OBGYN Programs do not require a traditional rotating year. Most DO programs don't have much detail descriptions or fancy page like MD programs. You just gotta try rotating through the program to see if you would enjoy working there and getting to know the program better.

If you want to do a fellowship, then you need to do a MD residency, if not, then those are good choices (Minus resurrection)