AOA opportunities website and PMR

Started by SMC123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SMC123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a quick question about the AOA-opportunities website. http://opportunities.osteopathic.org/search/search.cfm?searchType=1

This site shows me that the AOA affiliated residencies in PMR consist of being in Florida, Cali, New York, Michigan, and maybe another one that I'm missing. Are these the only ones we can apply to if we decide to only take the comlex 1 exam??

What site can I use to access the PMR residencies MD's can match into?
 
I had a quick question about the AOA-opportunities website. http://opportunities.osteopathic.org/search/search.cfm?searchType=1

This site shows me that the AOA affiliated residencies in PMR consist of being in Florida, Cali, New York, Michigan, and maybe another one that I'm missing. Are these the only ones we can apply to if we decide to only take the comlex 1 exam??

What site can I use to access the PMR residencies MD's can match into?

PM&R is very DO friendly and the COMLEX 1 and COMLEX 2 (both PE and the computer based) should be all you need to apply to the allopathic PM&R programs as well. I applied with only COMLEX examinations as did many of my classmates, and we matched well.

AAPM&R has a great website about how to apply to PM&R residency, with lots of details for osteopathic students as well: https://www.aapmr.org/career/students/career-planning/Pages/guide-to-apply.aspx

That being said, some programs out there still like to see USMLE Step 1... if there are certain programs you're really interested in, be sure to call/e-mail to clarify.
 
imho, stay clear of aoa pm&r.

i matched allo pm&r without usmle, as do a lot of others.