AOA Orthopedic Interview Amount

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

World's Tallest Doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been looking everywhere for match data on the number of interviews you should have or get to match into orthopedic surgery in the AOA match. Anyone have any numbers out there that are either average number of interviews or how many to expect?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been looking everywhere for match data on the number of interviews you should have or get to match into orthopedic surgery in the AOA match. Anyone have any numbers out there that are either average number of interviews or how many to expect?

I think there was data for the 2014 match cycle, but IDK if it is generalizable to now with the merger approaching and such

Most ortho residents I know had at least 4-5 interviews. Most people I know that didn’t match ortho had 2-3 interviews.

Osteopathic programs are different because they don’t do a lot of interviewing outside of people that rotate, and it’s hard to get more than 5-6 good rotations in an audition season.

If you wanna feel safe, 5-6 interviews is legit, but remember, you can be #4 at 6 places that take 3 and still not match.

Reactions: 2 users