AOBFP exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gurki

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

anyone take the AOBFP exam this April 2018 and is still waiting on results? It's been over 7 weeks and I'm getting nervous.
I mean, how long can it really take?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

anyone take the AOBFP exam this April 2018 and is still waiting on results? It's been over 7 weeks and I'm getting nervous.
I mean, how long can it really take?

Thanks

I feel your pain. I had to change my address because I moved for my job, and the only thing they would tell me about score releases was that they are mailed 8-10 weeks from the exam date. Which we already knew that... :confused:o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that took the AOBFP exam - any advice on studying for the cognitive portion of this test? Is this similar to COMLEX?

What question bank did you find most helpful? Is the ABFM Exam Prep App (questions) helpful? I know a lot of MDs recommend that, but not sure if it's also helpful for the AOBFP exam. Similarly, reading the AFP journals...

Are the AOA ITE exams a good marker of similarity to the AOBFP exam?

I purchased the First Aid for Family Medicine Boards and Graber and Williams Family Medicine Boards...

I just read the AOBFP pass rate as something like 50%! Not sure if that's true or not, but obviously concerned at that thought and just want to be as prepared as possible!

Thank you :)

For those that took the AOBFP exam - any advice on studying for the cognitive portion of this test? Is this similar to COMLEX?

It's quite similar to COMLEX 3.

I purchased the First Aid for Family Medicine Boards and Graber and Williams Family Medicine Boards...

Those are the exact two sources I've used to pass the exam. Any Step 3 review book will be useful as well.

I just read the AOBFP pass rate as something like 50%!

Where did you read that? That's definitely not true.

Anyone know how much time is allotted for the 400 questions on the AOBFP exam? I can't find it online and want to start taking practice tests with the correct time simulation.

So I felt like crap after this exam. How many percentage of questions do you think we need right to pass? It’s just such a crappy exam compared to ABFM. Any advice.

I didn't feel great either. I wouldn't let it worry you too much. Is it around 50-60% to pass? I heard back around two months after the test. I've received 3 letters about the test and the board certification. Still no board certification from my test in April though. I hope the ABFM is an easier process.

i hope passing is low. i just hate how questions are misspelled and poor way of asking questions.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone get scores back for sept 22? crossing my fingers passing is around 60%.

Members don't see this ad :)
Supposedly the results were mailed out Friday.

Did you get your scores?
I did not yet. I do not think they are mailed out yet which is absurd it has been more than 10 weeks!

Praying I passed as it was a hard test. What did you think?

Did you get your scores?
I did not yet. I do not think they are mailed out yet which is absurd it has been more than 10 weeks!

Praying I passed as it was a hard test. What did you think?
No. Last week on December 26th my friend and I both got a reply to our communication with them and they said expect your scores in 7 to 10 business days. So any day now....

Is there a way we can view our scores online? If we can only receive them in mail is absolutely nuts with the technology out there.
I haven't found a way to see the scores online and I looked. Yes I agree. Why do they have to use snail mail. If I give them the benefit of the doubt and excuse the time as being due to completing our packet of board certification..then still I would argue that we get to see a pass or fail online if only to sign up for the next exam.

I thought the test was okay. I am not impressed or sold on standardized exams. Most of the time it is just bull crap we have to pass.

Anyone hear back from the exam in March 2019? Is there any place where we can find stats on the pass rate? Thanks

Nope haven’t gotten my letter in the mail. So thankfully ABFM was much quicker!

yeah same here. ABFM took 4 days! 4 days! And we get our actual scores in by June 14th (ABFM).

Unfortunately, no. Come Sunday it will be the 12th week. Pretty long wait, if you ask me. I guess I'll just keep waiting.

I actually totally forgot about this exam! Haha. Nope haven’t heard a thing. That’s why I’m glad I’ll never have to deal with anything DO again! It’s ridiculous.

I actually totally forgot about this exam! Haha. Nope haven’t heard a thing. That’s why I’m glad I’ll never have to deal with anything DO again! It’s ridiculous.

Actually, you're not the only one. I know of two people who took both ABFM and the DO exam and once they found out they passed the ABFM (within 1 week, no less), they didn't even bother opening their DO exam results.

i actually had a dream that we got our results. no joke. not sure it’s funny either.

waiting..

i actually had a dream that we got our results. no joke. not sure it’s funny either.

waiting..
Sometime this week hopefully. I’m glad it’s electronic now, otherwise you might add on another week or so for mailing time.

As for pass rate i looked at a report from last year that was broken down by residency and I counted it up to be like 98.4 percent of people passed. I was counting very quickly so that is some approximate math, but I didn’t see many failures is the takeaway. I wish they had totaled them all for me.

Sometime this week hopefully. I’m glad it’s electronic now, otherwise you might add on another week or so for mailing time.

As for pass rate i looked at a report from last year that was broken down by residency and I counted it up to be like 98.4 percent of people passed. I was counting very quickly so that is some approximate math, but I didn’t see many failures is the takeaway. I wish they had totaled them all for me.

Another resident told me that they will snail mail results this year

Another resident told me that they will snail mail results this year

The AOBFP website says “candidates are informed of results by email within 8-12 weeks. Candidates who do not pass the exam with receive notification via regular mail as well as email.”

The AOBFP website says “candidates are informed of results by email within 8-12 weeks. Candidates who do not pass the exam with receive notification via regular mail as well as email.”

i know, but word is that email is not ready for prime time

I'm still waiting anxiously, somewhat of a long wait for an electronically graded test. I hope I passed.

Reactions: 1 users
I just called (847 640 8477) and they said results were mailed out 1-2 days ago and I should expect them in 3-5 days ! Best of luck everyone!

I just called (847 640 8477) and they said results were mailed out 1-2 days ago and I should expect them in 3-5 days ! Best of luck everyone!

So snail mail it is.

Got it yda on Fri, passed, contains results from cog and practical parts. Took it March 30, Based in WI. Good luck all.

Reactions: 1 user
Got snail mail today