AOTA Conference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT2Be2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I don't know how many of you know this, but April is OT month. Every April, AOTA holds a large conference that offers an expo, workshops, short courses, and a chance to explore the latest research in the field. It takes place this week at the Philadelphia Convention Center starting on Thursday, and I know some of you are from the area. It's a bit expensive, but you should definitely check it out if you are able :)

Next year it is in Indianapolis, and the year after that it's in San Diego. I am going for the first time this year; I'm very excited.

Anybody else here going?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! I don't know how many of you know this, but April is OT month. Every April, AOTA holds a large conference that offers an expo, workshops, short courses, and a chance to explore the latest research in the field. It takes place this week at the Philadelphia Convention Center starting on Thursday, and I know some of you are from the area. It's a bit expensive, but you should definitely check it out if you are able :)

Next year it is in Indianapolis, and the year after that it's in San Diego. I am going for the first time this year; I'm very excited.

Anybody else here going?

Not going, but let us know how it is and the vibe you get from it all. I read through some of the presentations from last year and it was a great mix of information.

Not going, but let us know how it is and the vibe you get from it all. I read through some of the presentations from last year and it was a great mix of information.

Sure thing.
There will definitely be a lot of information... I was trying to make an itinerary the other day and they were offering so much I am interested in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure thing.
There will definitely be a lot of information... I was trying to make an itinerary the other day and they were offering so much I am interested in.

I will definitely make it a point to go next year once I have a year of coursework under my belt.

So, conference was an amazing, incredible experience and was completely worth it. I met OT people from all over the country- every one from students, to professors from other universities, to experienced practitioners. I met some alumni from my own school, and it was really nice to hear about what they are doing now.

I jam-packed my days full of education sessions, which did two things for me: confirmed to me that I am getting a great education, since I sat among experienced practitioners and was still able to understand and benefit from the lectures, and, more importantly, allowed me to see the latest research in the field.

The Welcoming Ceremony and Expo were really cool, especially since as students, we are just beginning and everything is brand new and fascinating. I understand that there is a way to just go to the Welcoming Ceremony night for a reduced fee- if you can make it to that alone, it's totally worth it.

So that's a run-down of my conference experience. I don't think I will be able to go to conference next year because of the way my school's schedule works out (though you never know), but maybe I will see some of you in California in 2013.

I went, my classmates told me i had a good time. :laugh:

Lot of interesting people, good networking, maybe an idea for a small business, who knows.

Make sure you go every couple of years when it's in your region.