ap classes in high school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supersash

so what's an epitope?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UGH! so i am finally just about to be verified, and i get an email from aacomas saying they need a transcript for the class i took in high school and got college credit for (italian)!

why oh why did i think i didnt need to send this?! did anyone else have issues with this? i am so pissed, especially, since you know how long it takes aacomas to actually "receive" your transcripts!!!!!! so to everyone else out there, learn from my silly mistake, and send EVERYTHING!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I never needed to send anything for my AP credits. I had about 12 credits worth of AP classes and got credit for them, but my app was verified without them. Did you maybe take the class through a university while you were still in high school?

musiclink-

it was through a university, i didnt realize there was any other way to receive college credits in high school, without going through a university.

for some crazy reason, i didnt think they needed this transcript, and now it is going to slow me down when i should have been verified today, BLAHH!

thanks for responding though, i am going crazy here, especially since the registrar isn't open today, and the aacomas # is stupid (i emailed them too)!

anyone else have experience with this? BOO! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
At my high school, they offered AP classes, which you just took through the school. Then, we had to take an AP exam, and if we passed it, we could get credit depending on the school. My school accepted 11 or 12 credits this way. So it appears on my transcript as transfer AP credit. There was also teh option of taking classes through a university, I think it was called College Now or something along those lines, but I never did this.

Although I can relate to what you're going through. Last year, when I was applying, for some reason, I thought that I wouldnt need my foreign transcript. It would have taken me 2 months to get the transcript, and that doesn't include the time it takes for it to get evaluated for American equivalence, or get the application verified. So when I asked the first time, they told me I could request a transcript waiver request, which I did, but it wasn't accepted. By this time, it was Septemeber, so I said screw this. I would get my transcript in the states in November, then a month to get verified putting me in December, around Christmastime. I figured that would be too late, so I decided to drop applying to DO last year since I would have been really close to a lot of the deadlines, maybe even passed some of them. And I didn't want to decide which school to go to based on when their deadline was, so I saved my money to apply to DO this year because I didn't get in anywhere last year.

Just hang in there, have them rush your transcript to AACOMAS and you should still be fine in terms of deadlines, I think.

I had to get a transcript for my college credit. This is soooo dumb! I took 2 classes at a local community college while I was in high school. I did send it in, but since the ccc isn't listed in my colleges attended, I hope AACOMAS didn't toss it. stupid stupid policy!

hang in there super, hopefully your app will be completed soon!