AP credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halitosis

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AADSAS's general instructions page: "An advanced placement course is one for which you received undergraduate advanced placement or CLEP credit. You must record a grade of "P" (Pass) for an advanced placement course and the credit hours earned."

1)it says "MUST record as P" for AP classes....but what if a person gets an A for a college class from an AP test.....that person still has to record that class as "P", even though the transcript shows "A"?

TMDSAS's instr page: "Only coursework from accredited US colleges and universities of higher education can be used for computation of grade point averages.

2)so, does this mean A's from AP class won't count into the gpa they report, even though those A show up on school transcript and count in school gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't Worry about this too much. If you put a "P" down and it doesn't get calculated into your GPA, schools can always look at your transcript to see the letter grade that you got in that class. I understand that you want that "A", but the instructions explictily say to put a "P." Now, if you ignore the instructions and put the letter grade you run the risk of looking stupid to the schools because they might think that you can't follow directions. I say put the "P".