AP Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dianaish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I have to contact individual colleges to ask if they accept AP credits for courses such as math? And if they do accept AP credits in place of a pre-req, would I have to send it over to every college? There isn't anything on PharmCAS about AP...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

That's a good question now that I think about. For Maryland, they said as long as the college you go to accepts it, they'll accept it. But I would contact schools just in case. I remember I reported my AP scores on Pharmcas but I never had my AP scores sent to them or to Maryland. And Maryland never asked for it...

That's a good question now that I think about. For Maryland, they said as long as the college you go to accepts it, they'll accept it. But I would contact schools just in case. I remember I reported my AP scores on Pharmcas but I never had my AP scores sent to them or to Maryland. And Maryland never asked for it...

Now that I think about, I listed AP credits as the course equivalents my college gave me for them. Since they are listed on the transcript that was sent to Pharmcas, I didn't have to send the scores at all (saved me some money lol)

Members don't see this ad :)
If your college accepts them as class credit, and they appear on your transcripts, they count towards pre-requisites. You enter them as "Credit Received" under coursework.

Since you're talking about PharmCas, I assume you're not talking about 0-6 programs.

In your case then, APs will appear on your transcript, so just send your transcript over. I guess you do still have to ask the college whether they accept APs or not.

depends on the school - University of Arizona will not accept any AP credits while University of New Mexico took all of mine.