AP Credit

Started by dianaish
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dianaish

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do I have to contact individual colleges to ask if they accept AP credits for courses such as math? And if they do accept AP credits in place of a pre-req, would I have to send it over to every college? There isn't anything on PharmCAS about AP...


Thanks!
 
That's a good question now that I think about. For Maryland, they said as long as the college you go to accepts it, they'll accept it. But I would contact schools just in case. I remember I reported my AP scores on Pharmcas but I never had my AP scores sent to them or to Maryland. And Maryland never asked for it...
 
That's a good question now that I think about. For Maryland, they said as long as the college you go to accepts it, they'll accept it. But I would contact schools just in case. I remember I reported my AP scores on Pharmcas but I never had my AP scores sent to them or to Maryland. And Maryland never asked for it...

Now that I think about, I listed AP credits as the course equivalents my college gave me for them. Since they are listed on the transcript that was sent to Pharmcas, I didn't have to send the scores at all (saved me some money lol)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If your college accepts them as class credit, and they appear on your transcripts, they count towards pre-requisites. You enter them as "Credit Received" under coursework.
 
Since you're talking about PharmCas, I assume you're not talking about 0-6 programs.

In your case then, APs will appear on your transcript, so just send your transcript over. I guess you do still have to ask the college whether they accept APs or not.
 
depends on the school - University of Arizona will not accept any AP credits while University of New Mexico took all of mine.