AP credits pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silverfalcon

Do It
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm asking for a friend.. I apologize if this was asked before, but I'm not pre-pharm personally so this is not my area of expertise.

My friend wants to know what's the impact if he chooses to use his AP credits for stats and literature to fulfill some graduation requirement. He doesn't know anything about PCAT or pharmacy school (and neither do I), so he wants to know:

1) Is it going to look down by admissions? In other words, is it recommended to take more courses in those areas after receiving AP credits?
2) Is it going to hurt for PCAT?

---I'm pre-med, and at least for med schools, most schools don't care as long as it's not in sciences...

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

As I recall, COP's only care about wither or not you have done the prereqs. AP credits won't matter as long as the prereqs are done at the college level.

AP credit acceptance policy varies by school. If the school doesn't take them and it's a prerequisite, then you will need to eventually take it. If AP credits are accepted, generally the in some cases possible negative is that you won't have that course be part of your GPA. With a degree, a couple of courses with no "real college grade" isn't going to limit their ability to evaulate your academic performance.

As for the PCAT, as long as you know the material covered by the exam, it doesn't matter how you learn it whether it is an AP class, a college class, or just from PCAT courses/books.