AP Environmental Science

Quantum Mecha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a tip from a college senior, if you can only fit one AP class in, worried about taking an AP that will be too hard, or want to add another AP science class, take AP Environmental Science.

Though I did not take any other APs back in high school, my friends who took it along with others said that it was easier than other APs (but remember, it is still an AP, there is still a lot of work, you STILL HAVE TO STUDY FOR THE AP TEST, it is just easier RELATIVE to other such as AP CALCULUS, or AP CHEMISTRY). Considering that colleges give 3, 4, or 5 credit hours for the course (depends on school), I would recommend it. It was also a pretty enjoyable class, and some parts of the class pertained to medicine.

PS - I got a 4 on the AP exam.

Members don't see this ad.

For my school, I heard APES is fun, but its HELLA hard, because of the teacher. AP Calc+AP Physics are easier at my school. Chem and Bio seems to be harder. This probably varies from school to school, teacher to teacher.

Indeed the teacher is a major factor to consider, but I found the test to be not so difficult

But then again, I took no other APs to compare to.

AP environmental science is one of the "easier" AP's....it always has a high pass rate from all test takers. which should be over 60% i think..i saw a paper my principal showed me when i was a senior with all the AP stats nationwide.