AP: Environmental Science

Badger MD

Distance Running Addict
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think its possible to self study for the APES test, and pass with a five? I'm already in my schools environmental science class, however it isn't the AP version, and it will be done after first semester. I figure I'll already have a foundation then, and I'll just pick up the rest with study materials...

Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Why not? Go for it. Just get a Barron's book or Gruber's book to help you out. It's one of the easier AP tests to study for.:thumbup:

I was wondering the same thing since my school doesn't offer AP classes. I think I am going to go through with it because, like the above poster said, why not? I'm probably just going to get a review book and see if there is any info online that can help me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'm going to go self study it! I've been researching around online, and if the general consensus is right, environmental science is the AP exam to self study for and pass with either a 4 or 5. Apparently reading a good review book and having some bio knowledge is enough to get you through...

Thanks for the responses :)

I self studied ap world history. That was pretty easy. It was 6 years ago...damn I feel old.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Why not? Go for it! Hopefully, you have a good understanding of the topics before you try... I'd suggest you get an AP Book on the subject and work your butt off. Just a suggestion make sure you have the function groups memorized and etc. General topics should definitely be known. My advice shouldn't be taken too seriously because I'm an incoming sophomore... So just letting you know.

I took my school's AP Enviro class and passed with a five. Based on my experience, I would say it is definitely possible. It helps a lot that you are taking an environmental class as well as studying by yourself, because it gets you in the right mindset.

But honestly APES is not a very hard class if you have a basic understanding of bio and the physical sciences. Just remember that humans are horrible and are destroying the Earth, and you should be fine!