AP / IB credit

Started by hflyer
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hflyer

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will AP / IB credit for prerequisites be accepted at optometry schools? I haven't read anything about that?

The reason why I ask... I have credit for calculus I. I took calculus II in college not knowing that the highest level of math you need for optometry school is calc I. Now I'm wondering if I should take calc I again so I can get a 'grade'.

I will probably have to ask individual optometry schools.
 
Yes they accept all ap or clep prerequisites. I had clep for english 1 and 2 and it was never questioned.




hflyer said:
Will AP / IB credit for prerequisites be accepted at optometry schools? I haven't read anything about that?

The reason why I ask... I have credit for calculus I. I took calculus II in college not knowing that the highest level of math you need for optometry school is calc I. Now I'm wondering if I should take calc I again so I can get a 'grade'.

I will probably have to ask individual optometry schools.
 
hflyer said:
Will AP / IB credit for prerequisites be accepted at optometry schools? I haven't read anything about that?

The reason why I ask... I have credit for calculus I. I took calculus II in college not knowing that the highest level of math you need for optometry school is calc I. Now I'm wondering if I should take calc I again so I can get a 'grade'.

I will probably have to ask individual optometry schools.
Not all schools accept AP credits, but most of them do. SCCO doesnt accept AP credits
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ppa93 said:
Not all schools accept AP credits, but most of them do. SCCO doesnt accept AP credits

Also, just a quick note, I believe for some schools it's only for non-science classes that they will accept the credit for.
 
Anyone from UHCO want to be my friends?? 😍
I am 6 feet 10 inches tall and I weigh 320 pounds... BIG BOI....... Anyone likes????
 
hflyer said:
Will AP / IB credit for prerequisites be accepted at optometry schools? I haven't read anything about that?

The reason why I ask... I have credit for calculus I. I took calculus II in college not knowing that the highest level of math you need for optometry school is calc I. Now I'm wondering if I should take calc I again so I can get a 'grade'.

I will probably have to ask individual optometry schools.

Hey 🙂 i think you should not have a problem with it but go ahead and ask individual schools; I took IB chem that counted for 1 year of gen chem so i never took it in college.. neco, pco, scco, suny and berkeley all accepted that class without any questions...