AP scores...AMCAS....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone include their AP scores with the AMCAS application?
My friend who did it last year told me not to do it and then when they verify your transcript and everything they will include your AP scores. This is what he did and they added them. I just got off the phone with AMCAS and they told me if it wasn't submitted then they won't be on the printout or anything. They don't forward our schools transcripts to the schools either, they only forward what we enter. So she proceeded to tell me that I should send out my AP scores to individual schools if they need them. I am not going to call 30+ schools to see if they want my damn AP scores...Does anyone know if APs are necessary for anything? Do they matter on your application? I think I even put in a couple applications that I scored on the AP test a certani number..argh..any help would be appreciated..
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

yo. don't know if this will help. i didn't include my ap information even though i used some ap for the requirements (i did do additional advanced coursework). my app just got processed today, and amcas added the courses to which i had ap credit as long as they were noted on a transcript. hope this helps.

I didn't enter my AP stuff when I submitted, but when I checked yestereday, AMCAS had added the AP credits, but they didn't actually write out that it was AP. It just showed up as a ENGL or HIST class without any other description about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope..still not there..I guess I have to mail out a copy of my MCAT scores to EVERY freaking college now :(
argh!

Oops..i mean my AP scores..

Check Your Verified AMCAS Application!

In the past, AMCAS applicants received a "Transmittal Notice" in the mail which was a paper copy of what was sent to schools. It has always been important to check that document to make sure everything is correct--but this document is not longer being mailed to applicants.

But it is still critical to check your application after the verification process has been completed! One current applicant made a change in her application and then opened it to see if the change was made, only to find that her GPA had dropped from ~3.8 to ~3.6! The reason was that two course grades weren't included (even though she had submitted them with her certified application and they appeared both in print and on the screen previously) but the units were calculated into her GPA, which was equivalent to receiving an F in two classes. She was able to make the correction but what if she hadn't checked?!!

What should you do to make sure that errors don't creep into your application after it is submitted? When you receive the email saying that your application has been VERIFIED, be sure to go back into your application on-line to make sure everything is correct! This email will suggest that you re-check your application on line--be sure to do it!

Has anyone tried the change notification button???
I tried to do it for my AP scores and my whole computer crashed!!!
I tried it again..and the same thing happened!
I think AMCAS doesn't like to fix things...
this is their way of saying "stop bugging us about the bugs in your app" hahaa