AP scores and UoP

alpacalover

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
do colleges consider AP scores highly?
My AP scores are horrible and I really don't want to send them in
They were classes I hated the MOST and the teachers were the kind who gave out the test before and made the students "learn" it (other word for memorize the answers) but didn't teach so...

I know, I know...it's a lame excuse and I should be responsible for it but it was difficult to learn the material all by myself(I started months and months before the actual test)

So any advice on AP scores? Especially for when applying to UoP dental program? Do they consider it a lot?

Members don't see this ad.

If you didn't score well your AP exams, you don't have to send the scores in. Or am I misunderstanding your question. If you did well, a lot of schools will give you partial credit or full credit towards the class (usually a 4 or 5 is needed)

If you didn't score well your AP exams, you don't have to send the scores in. Or am I misunderstanding your question. If you did well, a lot of schools will give you partial credit or full credit towards the class (usually a 4 or 5 is needed)
Oh ok so sending in AP scores are optional right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ok so sending in AP scores are optional right?
Sending in AP scores is completely optional; should not hurt your chances of admission. They will consider your GPA, SAT/ACT, essays, and LOR(s).

Reactions: 1 user
AP scores don't affect your chances of admission. AP scores only help if you win like AP scholar or one of those various awards because you can put it on your application. I wouldn't worry about it. GL OP! :)

What's UoP? Do you mean The University of Pennsylvania? (Penn)

--
Il Destriero
University of the Pacific - admits just over half of applicants, and OP has posted elsewhere that their stats are very competitive for the dental pre-acceptance program (something like 100 SAT points past the recommended). They are just really neurotic.