AP Scores Not on Official Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stressy.depressy

Minnesota 2026!
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm planning on applying this cycle for the C/O 2026. I was getting a start on entering my transcripts into VMCAS and I ordered an official transcript from my university just to make sure everything lined up with the unofficial transcript. On my unofficial transcript it has my AP credit listed out by which university classes each test corresponds to, and the important ones for me are my school's general biology sequence and the first class of gen chem. I'm planning on using these to fulfill prerequisites. However, on my official transcript it just shows that I transferred over 45 AP credits, and doesn't actually say which classes they correspond to. I know that a lot of schools say that they accept AP scores as prereqs only if they show up on your transcript, so I'm getting a little worried that I'll have to take the whole general biology sequence and gen chem I. Has anyone run into this issue? Any suggestions on what to do? I'm planning on calling both my undergrad institution as well as the admissions office for my IS vet school on Monday when the offices open, but I'm kind of stressed out and don't know what to do in the meantime.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there! I applied this cycle and had this same issue.... I told my registrar about the situation and was able to get them to send the schools a document stating exactly which courses I had met based on my AP scores and that went through fine. I would just ask if your registrar can do that for you and then ask the vet schools if they’d accept that. Hope this helps :)

I had this same issue except my registrar wouldn't help me and said they could not send over the exact courses I was given credit for via AP, however somewhere on my undergrad student portal they were listed anyways so I just put the information in on VMCAS exactly as it was listed there and I had no issues with it/ it was verified.