AP scores/prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagle311

eagle211
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Before I call schools/do website searches for all the schools..

Does anyone know of any DO schools that DO NOT take AP credit for the English prereqs if you scored a 3?

Its listed on my transcript with CR btw. Just wondering if the score matters. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any schools that will take AP credits?

For example, DMU's site says "CLEP credits, AP credits, IB credits and P/F credits will not be considered for prerequisites."

Also, it's just an English class. They're not fun by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not like O Chem 2 or anything.

A lot of the schools actually do. Yea, i know DMU doesnt :/ Just dont want to spend $200 when it could go to my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting. I've never really looked into it. I only knew of DMU's policy because it's on the main admission reqs page.

Med schools are not going to dig into your AP scores. If they accept the credit, they do so if it shows up on your transcript. If you happen to be accepted to a school that won't take your AP credit, you can always take that English class your last semester.