AP scores to fulfill prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crestone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a question about using AP scores to fulfill the prerequisites for medical school. I took the AP tests in
1998. The University of Florida gave me credit for one of my English prerequisites for getting a 3 on the English AP test, but they did NOT give me credit for General Biology 2 for getting a 5 on the biology AP test. On the other hand, the University of Colorado gave me credit for my Biology 2 prerequisite (based on the same 1998 AP test), but they did NOT give me credit for an English class based on my AP score.

So, my question is, can I count both an English class and Biology 2 as prerequisites that I have fulfilled, even though the credit was given by two different schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I have a question about using AP scores to fulfill the prerequisites for medical school. I took the AP tests in
1998. The University of Florida gave me credit for one of my English prerequisites for getting a 3 on the English AP test, but they did NOT give me credit for General Biology 2 for getting a 5 on the biology AP test. On the other hand, the University of Colorado gave me credit for my Biology 2 prerequisite (based on the same 1998 AP test), but they did NOT give me credit for an English class based on my AP score.

So, my question is, can I count both an English class and Biology 2 as prerequisites that I have fulfilled, even though the credit was given by two different schools?

In my opinion, this is a question best asked of the individual schools in which you intend to apply and/or your premedical advisor. Please call them to find out. It isn't hard to do so. I've filled out at least one secondary application that mentioned that AP credits are not to be counted as fulfilling their premedical prerequisite requirements. (The one that I am thinking of might have been GWU; but since I never used my AP scores to obtain credit, I wasn't on the lookout for this.)