AP U.S. History for a pharmacist?

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Panther1050

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am a sophomore in high school and an aspiring pharmacist. One of my favorite classes is AP U.S. History; this class also offers dual credit from a local university on the west coast. However, I'm confused about how PharmD programs work or how college works in general. I've done some research on 0-6 pharmacy programs that are primarily on the east coast. If I'm going to be studying to be a pharmacist, would I still need to take certain general education classes in a 0-6 program? If so, would my dual credit be transferable to schools with 0-6 programs? I know different schools have different transfer policies.
P.S. The dual credit class is listed as American History & Life I&II
P.S. I was looking at a 0-6 program on MCPHS's website and on their curriculum it has American Culture, Identity, and Public Life. Is this different from a history class?

Thank you
 
You need to check whether that's a required course for the program in general or whether it is their selected core class because it historically has fit the curriculum well for 6 year pharm students.


That being said I would recommend you aim to keep your debt lower. If that means attending a 4 year undergraduate program locally and then applying to Pharmacy School.
 
Might not. If you need one from a culture course and not a history course then no dice. But check the handbook for what courses fulfill that requirement group.