PhD/PsyD APA Symposium Proposal Example?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted957633

Hello! I’m submitting a proposal for a symposium this year to APA. In past years I have just done posters so I don’t have a reference point for what a symposium proposal looks like/what should be included. Does anyone have a past proposal they would be willing to send me for reference?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Are you the PI- if not, talk to your PI. If you are- talk to coauthors who have presented in your division/area of interest.

There are a lot of ways that symposium proposals look and there isn't a right answer. Some of it will depend on the division you send it to and what they value - as well as what the topic is and what you are presenting.

-Current and Former APA conference division chair

Are you the PI- if not, talk to your PI. If you are- talk to coauthors who have presented in your division/area of interest.

There are a lot of ways that symposium proposals look and there isn't a right answer. Some of it will depend on the division you send it to and what they value - as well as what the topic is and what you are presenting.

-Current and Former APA conference division chair

I’ve poked around asking faculty members and they have examples of conversation hour submissions but not a symposium. Co-authors are other graduate students who also have not submitted a symposium.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve poked around asking faculty members and they have examples of conversation hour submissions but not a symposium. Co-authors are other graduate students who also have not submitted a symposium.

You will need a sponsor to submit to APA (it asks directly under first authorship in section 4 about "Name of sponsor:" if you are not a full member - students are not full APA members). I advise that you consult with your advisor/sponsor about the project and what they would want you to have; it would also be a good idea to include a mentor to boost the complexity and impact of a submission.

It always strikes me as odd when I see a project without a faculty member mentor.

Hello! I’m submitting a proposal for a symposium this year to APA. In past years I have just done posters so I don’t have a reference point for what a symposium proposal looks like/what should be included. Does anyone have a past proposal they would be willing to send me for reference?

Thanks in advance!

update your privacy settings to allow direct messages...

You will need a sponsor to submit to APA (it asks directly under first authorship in section 4 about "Name of sponsor:" if you are not a full member - students are not full APA members). I advise that you consult with your advisor/sponsor about the project and what they would want you to have; it would also be a good idea to include a mentor to boost the complexity and impact of a submission.

It always strikes me as odd when I see a project without a faculty member mentor.

I do have a faculty mentor, they just have not submitted a symposium. They gave me other examples such as conversation hour proposals but was just curious as to if anyone on here had an actual symposium proposal.