fluteangel01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2004
New Jersey
Status
I was just wondering where to begin apartment hunting in Boston...I want to be as close as possible to NECO...and i know that the school has some Housing Weekend in June, but that seems a little late to me to be looking for a roomate...i'm going to Boston next week for Spring break and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and/or starting points?

Thanks!

P.S. i think $900 is the max. i'm willing to spend per month...

lxaly

15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Status
fluteangel01 said:
I was just wondering where to begin apartment hunting in Boston...I want to be as close as possible to NECO...and i know that the school has some Housing Weekend in June, but that seems a little late to me to be looking for a roomate...i'm going to Boston next week for Spring break and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and/or starting points?

Thanks!

go and check here:

http://boston.craigslist.org/

PLPrincess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
CT
Status
fluteangel01 said:

Thanks!

Hey,

I am also starting the process of apartment hunting early and want to live as close as possible to the school...I'm not sure if you're looking for a roomate (i myself haven't decided yet what my living situation will be, i suppose it all depends on the price) but maybe we can chat sometime? I do have some info and a friend of my mom's is a real estate agent in that area, so I'll probably speak to him next week about where to look and what my options are. PM me if you want :)

t.s

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2004
Status
since you want to live near the school, your best bet is to find an apartment in back bay

bad news is that back bay is a really expensive area to live in; but i am sure if you start your search early, you could find a studio in your price range; or you could try to find a roommate and split up a one-bedroom

in addition to craigslist, you should check out the rental ads in boston newspapers like the boston globe

happy7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
back bay is VERY expensive. a lot of students live in cleveland circle (brighton) which is about 20-25 mins from school, and MUCH more reasonable. it is close to Boston College, so there are lots of students that live there. Back Bay is nice if you can find something cheap, but most of the time that means closet sized!