Apartment Hunting in Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fluteangel01

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering where to begin apartment hunting in Boston...I want to be as close as possible to NECO...and i know that the school has some Housing Weekend in June, but that seems a little late to me to be looking for a roomate...i'm going to Boston next week for Spring break and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and/or starting points?

Thanks!

P.S. i think $900 is the max. i'm willing to spend per month...
 
fluteangel01 said:
I was just wondering where to begin apartment hunting in Boston...I want to be as close as possible to NECO...and i know that the school has some Housing Weekend in June, but that seems a little late to me to be looking for a roomate...i'm going to Boston next week for Spring break and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and/or starting points?

Thanks!

P.S. i think $900 is the max. i'm willing to spend per month...

go and check here:

http://boston.craigslist.org/
 
fluteangel01 said:
I was just wondering where to begin apartment hunting in Boston...I want to be as close as possible to NECO...and i know that the school has some Housing Weekend in June, but that seems a little late to me to be looking for a roomate...i'm going to Boston next week for Spring break and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and/or starting points?

Thanks!

P.S. i think $900 is the max. i'm willing to spend per month...

Hey,

I am also starting the process of apartment hunting early and want to live as close as possible to the school...I'm not sure if you're looking for a roomate (i myself haven't decided yet what my living situation will be, i suppose it all depends on the price) but maybe we can chat sometime? I do have some info and a friend of my mom's is a real estate agent in that area, so I'll probably speak to him next week about where to look and what my options are. PM me if you want 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
since you want to live near the school, your best bet is to find an apartment in back bay

bad news is that back bay is a really expensive area to live in; but i am sure if you start your search early, you could find a studio in your price range; or you could try to find a roommate and split up a one-bedroom

in addition to craigslist, you should check out the rental ads in boston newspapers like the boston globe
 
back bay is VERY expensive. a lot of students live in cleveland circle (brighton) which is about 20-25 mins from school, and MUCH more reasonable. it is close to Boston College, so there are lots of students that live there. Back Bay is nice if you can find something cheap, but most of the time that means closet sized!