Apartment question in general

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twinklz

Lover of Lagomorphs
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm currently looking at apartment applications. Most of these places want verification that you're making 2-3x your cost of rent. Uhh...we get a pennance on loans. Do we just tell them this? Could we get rejected because I don't actually have an income per se?

Complicating the matter, my roommate will be working. He might not be making 3x the rent each month (~$2100) which worked fine this year with the same pay and same rent. The current complex only required you make twice the rent. Not three times...

Anyways...anyone dealing with a similar problem? Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

All of the apartment building I applied to required that I have a parent co-sign the application (and eventually the lease) because they do not count loans as income to meet the requirement.

Yeah, thats what I was afraid of. Not that my parents won't do it, I just wish I could be trusted to pay my rent.

Members don't see this ad :)
It'd be nice. Then again it would also be nice if I could buy a cheap house and not throw money away into rent...

I found a complex with a manager who had dealt with medical students and residents before. She asked if I would be able to make payments for several months in advance, which I will (my school will give me $$ in a lump sum at the beginning of each semester), and then approved me without anything else. Sweet example of the doors that open in connection to MDs, hehe...

:D :laugh: