Apartment question in general

twinklz

Lover of Lagomorphs
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2003
North Carolina
    So I'm currently looking at apartment applications. Most of these places want verification that you're making 2-3x your cost of rent. Uhh...we get a pennance on loans. Do we just tell them this? Could we get rejected because I don't actually have an income per se?

Complicating the matter, my roommate will be working. He might not be making 3x the rent each month (~$2100) which worked fine this year with the same pay and same rent. The current complex only required you make twice the rent. Not three times...

Anyways...anyone dealing with a similar problem? Any suggestions?

prg6315

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 26, 2003
      All of the apartment building I applied to required that I have a parent co-sign the application (and eventually the lease) because they do not count loans as income to meet the requirement.

About the Ads

Sharkfan

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jan 25, 2004
      Southeast USA
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        I found a complex with a manager who had dealt with medical students and residents before. She asked if I would be able to make payments for several months in advance, which I will (my school will give me $$ in a lump sum at the beginning of each semester), and then approved me without anything else. Sweet example of the doors that open in connection to MDs, hehe...

:D :laugh:

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.