Apartments near NYMC???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kapaduch

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I was recently accepted to nymc, and am looking to move up there with my girlfriend, and you arent allowed to live on campus together unless you are married. So, I am looking for a one bedroom apartment in the Valhalla area, but being from NC I have no idea whats close or what apartments people from NYMC are staying in. Does anyone know the name of some complexes or places within 15 min or so from the campus?, i've searched through craigslist and a couple other sites and just havent found too much.
Thanks,
Kevin P.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I was recently accepted to nymc, and am looking to move up there with my girlfriend, and you arent allowed to live on campus together unless you are married. So, I am looking for a one bedroom apartment in the Valhalla area, but being from NC I have no idea whats close or what apartments people from NYMC are staying in. Does anyone know the name of some complexes or places within 15 min or so from the campus?, i've searched through craigslist and a couple other sites and just havent found too much.
Thanks,
Kevin P.

it's going to be pricey....go to allo forums class threads, we talked a lot about off campus housing in there! join us!

Welcome aboard!

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome aboard!

Hi there! I am sure that the NYMC school-specific threads will have better information about where students are living, but I live in Westchester near the campus, and would recommend living in White Plains. Close to the school, great restaurants/bars, and the train station is right there which brings you into the city.

Downside to living in Westchester- cost. You will be lucky to find a one bedroom under $900- so I would recommend teaming up with other people and renting a house or a two or three bedroom.

White plains is best (10 minutes away), but very expensive. There are only a couple of large apartment complexes in the area (one very large one on Bank Street), but the rents start at 2000. If you want cheep, look into Tarrytown and Elmsford (maybe you can find something around 1200)

I hear they have a very nice correctional facility near by- If you can deal with tossing some salad every now and then, you'll find the price is to die for!