Aperture passing! I need help with this question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pdentalstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The solutions says the answer is E but I don't see how that can possibly be the answer.

explanations?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• df.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 68
i just don't see how the object can pass through E...

I think what's bothering me is the "bar" going into the page through the moon shaped solid. (not the stick going vertically) Now is that "bar" straight or on an angle when going into the moon shaped solid? :confused:

i just don't see how the object can pass through E...

I think what's bothering me is the "bar" going into the page through the moon shaped solid. (not the stick going vertically) Now is that "bar" straight or on an angle when going into the moon shaped solid? :confused:

At first I thought it was obviously E, but now that you say it, it does look like the bar should be on an angle. I think that you might be right, E isn't right and neither is any other drawing there. I think they might have just done a poor drawing by showing the angle but meant it to be a straight bar.

At first I thought it was obviously E, but now that you say it, it does look like the bar should be on an angle. I think that you might be right, E isn't right and neither is any other drawing there. I think they might have just done a poor drawing by showing the angle but meant it to be a straight bar.

The bar is going thru the moon straight, but it does look a little confusing because the whole image itself is off center which would fool you into thinking that the bar is tilted. But if you gauge it with the other sides of the vertical rod, then you can see that the bar is straight and not angled (both sides of the bar are equal distance from the vertical rod)