APhA has a new leader...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jacksmith228833

Reaction score
Excited for change ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The only thing APhA ever did for me was provide "free" pizza at our monthly meetings in pharmacy school.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I wasn't aware they had an old leader....

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Meet the new boss....same as the old boss

Reactions: 5 users
When asked if there is any concern regarding the explosion of pharmacy schools and job saturation, APHA president responded saying “It’s a free market” Doubt anything changes with the new president.

Reactions: 2 users
When asked if there is any concern regarding the explosion of pharmacy schools and job saturation, APHA president responded saying “It’s a free market” Doubt anything changes with the new president.

Was this the new president?
Seems like these "people" take these leadership positions to boost their resumes so that they can get hired by pharmacy schools, goal is become a dean and make the real bucks.

Reactions: 1 users
Was this the new president?
Seems like these "people" take these leadership positions to boost their resumes so that they can get hired by pharmacy schools, goal is become a dean and make the real bucks.
No I think it was the old president, Tom. True, and they are out of touch with reality. I think pharmacists need to create their own lobbying/union organization if they want change.

Long hair don't care.

Scott is a good politician and bull******.

just seems like another dude who hasn't been in the trenches.

He has lots of letters after his name though. He must be good....

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Hehe I recently got an email, saying that my APHA membership was about to expire. My first thought: “ I don’t remember paying for this since 2016!”

• Haha
Well I will give Scott some credit for calling out the devil and called him a Martin Shkreli.

Last edited:
If I thought that APhA was really going to do something, with lawyers, and not just position statements, I would be a member....don't forget to take away the accreditation of at least 20 SOPs - diploma mills

Jokes aside- if this guy really lobbies for us and improves working conditions then I'll happily give my money to APhA. I'm hearing good things about the guy so far. We'll see....

Jokes aside- if this guy really lobbies for us and improves working conditions then I'll happily give my money to APhA. I'm hearing good things about the guy so far. We'll see....
Look... activism never works if there's no money or media involved. I'm trying to figure out how exactly this guy will bring about change because being a keyboard warrior is one thing and the chains still have all the leverage to do what they want. What, is APhA going to help organize a national strike/union or something? Well guess what, most pharmacists (especially retail) aren't even part of APhA so they won't hear about it..

Well, the guy can at least make the public and legislators aware of the danger. Could maybe get some laws passed. This is all best case scenario. Keep in mind that in the past the APhA did nothing, so anything is a step up....

Otherwise- when the profession goes extinct- they'll be an association of no one. Maybe they at least are realizing where things are heading for pharmacy as a whole.

Look... activism never works if there's no money or media involved. I'm trying to figure out how exactly this guy will bring about change because being a keyboard warrior is one thing and the chains still have all the leverage to do what they want. What, is APhA going to help organize a national strike/union or something? Well guess what, most pharmacists (especially retail) aren't even part of APhA so they won't hear about it..

Yeah it’s a real chicken and egg scenario isn’t it? No one gives money to APHA because they aren’t effective and they can’t be affective without money. At least this guy is vocal and seems to get it. Definite improvement imo.

Yeah it’s a real chicken and egg scenario isn’t it? No one gives money to APHA because they aren’t effective and they can’t be affective without money. At least this guy is vocal and seems to get it. Definite improvement imo.
Even if people give money to APhA, if you look at their budget they can only advertise/lobby on the scale of millions of dollars, whereas chains can advertise/lobby on the scale of hundreds of millions of dollars. That's why I have doubts on whether APhA will even have the logistics to do anything meaningful besides post on social media and do things with little or no implementation costs (emails, etc.), so the overall strategy is not going to be effective. It's like playing with bows and arrows when the enemy has gatling guns and howitzers...

Last edited:
Even if people give money to APhA, if you look at their budget they can only advertise/lobby on the scale of millions of dollars, whereas chains can advertise/lobby on the scale of hundreds of millions of dollars. That's why I have doubts on whether APhA will even have the logistics to do anything meaningful besides post on social media and do things with little or no implementation costs (emails, etc.), so the overall strategy is not going to be effective. It's like playing with bows and arrows when the enemy has gatling guns and howitzers...

then go nuclear.....a pharmacist defense fund to sue the chains for practices that directly threaten the health a our citizens...fight through the judiciary not the legislative