APMSA website Hacked

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msion

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone noticed that the APMSA (not APMA) website's hacked? :scared: wonder what's going on there.

Members don't see this ad.

The APMSA is very aware of the problem and is thankfully looking to outside help to manage and reconstruct the site. For years the website has been a student run endeavor and has made very little impact when compared to the student websites for our DO, MD, DDS, PharmD, etc colleagues. The goal to is to put the APMSA website on par with those websites. This will be talked about quite a bit in DC next month.

Members don't see this ad :)
All of this happened very very recently so I wouldn't worry that word hasn't gotten out. Once the EC was made aware that the website was hacked an outside company was hired shortly thereafter. It'll likely be a big part of the meeting in DC so your reps should keep you up to date with whatever goes on once they get back!

New site should be up and running shortly after the DC meeting. The back end on the old site was student run and on a server that was not secure. It wasn't a malicious hack at all, more so done just because they could (ie kids trolling around the web looking for easy targets). While it took longer than some had hoped, there is indeed a development company working on the new site and it should be a wonderful resource where the APMSA can disseminate honest and useful information to students and pre-pods alike.

The fact that current students hadnt noticed for months just goes to show how useful the old site was...

Yeah, I agree that the APMSA site should be more proactive in advertising itself to pre-pods and current pod students. I only noticed it today cuz the forum is "co-hosted with APMSA", and I just wanted to check it out. Then...:eek:

I am looking forward to the new site, and I hope it's not NeilD who hacked it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I agree that the APMSA site should be more proactive in advertising itself to pre-pods and current pod students. I only noticed it today cuz the forum is "co-hosted with APMSA", and I just wanted to check it out. Then...:eek:

I am looking forward to the new site, and I hope it's not NeilD who hacked it. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't that be something.

I check the APMSA website occasionally, and it looks like it's more online than it previously had been, but all the hotspots don't link anywhere.

Anyone know the timeline for this? It looks like it will be a really good website!

The website is currently being revamped lead by a small group of APMSA delegates who comprise the APMSA Website Committee and an outside website developer. They're making some great headway (more than you're able to see on the current apmsa.org) and hope to have the new site up and running in early 2013. This will be a great resource for both current students and pre-podiatry students. The SDN community will most definitely be informed of the new website when it is officially unveiled!