App Fee Check Cashing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

feliou

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, how long have you guys waited to have an app fee check cashed?

I've waited for almost a month for NYU/USC/OHSU to cash my check.

Anyone else waiting forever? Or did my checks get lost in the mail?

Members don't see this ad.

I am still waiting for most schools too although USC and UOP cashed in pretty quickly.

I was worried, too. Then I got a packet from case showing they had everything except my LORs. They still haven't cashed my check, though (nor has any other school). My guess is certain schools won't cash it until your app is complete...

I take that back...my check went through today! The time between getting that packet and my check going through is pretty much on-par with what AADSAS told me the turn-around would be for schools to get my LORs...So I'm guessing, at least in Case's case (haha, sorry for that), they wait until they have your complete app before processing the fee.

I'll probably get a rejection letter tomorrow, haha...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I won't be applying 'til the next cycle and I'm just amazed that charges cannot be made electronically (Or can they?). How about making payments with a debit/credit card rather than a check? That'd be exponentially easier.

OP: it took about 15 days for NYU to cash my check

Hopeful20: most of the schools I applied to required a personal check to be sent; only a few allowed online payment.