APP Process VENTING PAGE!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucbdancn00

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all...

i thought this page might make my life a little better; basically, this is a stress release page. Scream, laugh, cry, whatever you want is a okay.

AHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

This whole process is soooo annoying........i can't wait for my first acceptance so i can say peace to AMCAS. Damn them for taking all of my money...

+pissed+

hmm, much better i think

Members don't see this ad.

application......woops, hope that wasn't confusing...

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
WHY HASN'T HOPKINS GIVEN ME AN INTERVIEW?! I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY NEW INTERVIEW INVITES IN WEEKS WHILE I WATCH EVERYONE ELSE GET THEM! AHHHH!

+pissed++pissed++pissed++pissed++pissed+

Ah, the synchronized monitor bashing will make me feel better.

PS: Yes I know I should be happy with what I have. Blah.

Originally posted by Neuronix
WHY HASN'T HOPKINS GIVEN ME AN INTERVIEW?! I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY NEW INTERVIEW INVITES IN WEEKS WHILE I WATCH EVERYONE ELSE GET THEM! AHHHH!

+pissed++pissed++pissed++pissed++pissed+

Ah, the synchronized monitor bashing will make me feel better.

PS: Yes I know I should be happy with what I have. Blah.

i kind of feel this way about UPenn. I'm doing a lot better than I originally expected in this process and i have no right to complain, but i'd trade in half of my interviews for a penn invite :(

Originally posted by DW
i kind of feel this way about UPenn. I'm doing a lot better than I originally expected in this process and i have no right to complain, but i'd trade in half of my interviews for a penn invite :(

Hmmm...perhaps the Next Big Thing(tm) on the Web should be ePreMed where interviewees can have a forum to trade their interviews. ;)

I just realized that I forgot to send a check with one of my secondaries. I just sent it via FedEx and sent an email to the admissions office. Do you think it will make a difference.

Now here is my vent

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH -- this process is so frustrating

Originally posted by whatsupdoc
I just realized that I forgot to send a check with one of my secondaries. I just sent it via FedEx and sent an email to the admissions office. Do you think it will make a difference.

Now here is my vent

as far as slowing down your application a few days, yes

as far as your chances of admissions, probably not. the handling of the checks and gathering all your materials is done at the level of the admissions secretary. he or she might get a little peeved at you, but it most likely wont have much bearing on the adcom's view of you as an applicant,

Thanks DW. I was just thinking about the AdCom sitting together and saying "well if he can't follow directions....what type of doctor do you think he'll be"

Here's another vent at how neurotic the whole process is making me:

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:

The fact that as of today I have SEVENTEEN secondaries left to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already turned in the easy ones already - (type in some useless info, type your credit card number) reducing my count from 19 to 17. but the ones with essays - sheesh!!!!!!! no joke, have not started 17 of them!!!!!!

I'll be interviewing in a little over 24 hours at a school to which and I have to turn in a bazillion word (okay more like 2000) autobiography to them on top of two other essays by that time!!! I really like the school too so I don't want to piss them off.

As of now - all my LORs are at all these schools yet no secondary from me. How bad of a slacker does that make me look like (cringe)

Seems as though everyone has already turned 90% of theirs in, so no one at school cares when I vent :( Can I please get a little SDN pity - surely someone here emphatizes with my situation.

Whatsupdoc - I like your screen name :)

i feel for you. i was sitting on apps. cuz i had no money to send them out.

Originally posted by kiping
i feel for you. i was sitting on apps. cuz i had no money to send them out.

me too! and when i went to sign up for some research studies to make some extra $$, they were all full!!! aaarrrrgggghhhh, back to selling my plasma! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by bludeviled
The fact that as of today I have SEVENTEEN secondaries left to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( Can I please get a little SDN pity - surely someone here emphatizes with my situation.

You can have my pity--I was there @ 2 weeks ago. Before mcat scores came out, I'd only done 5 out of 23. Now I've finished 13 w/ @ 9 left!

Method that worked for me--make lists (i.e. easy & hard). Do as many of the easy ones as you can in one sitting. Then force yourself to make a post office run every 3-4 days. Also, it was taking forever to do the hard ones individually, so I started working on a few @ the same time. Getting lots of the easy ones done was a real confidence booster! :)

i just want a damn interview...
p

poloace...

just hang tight, they'll come soon enough!!!

Good luck though!!:cool: :D

Now here is my vent

Well crap I just did the same thing tonight to Wash U..will have to send under separate cover...:mad:

I did the same thing to Georgetown a couple weeks ago...I think it was my subconscious trying to hang on to the hundred bucks as long as possible. I just sent it in as soon as I realized.

Since this is a venting thread, I'll add that I have not heard a peep from them (or any school except my state one, where I interviewed) for many weeks now, it's starting to worry me. :mad: +pissed+ :confused: :oops: :(

Originally posted by bludeviled

I'll be interviewing in a little over 24 hours at a school to which and I have to turn in a bazillion word (okay more like 2000) autobiography to them on top of two other essays by that time!!! I really like the school too so I don't want to piss them off.
aaah....vandy dont we all love vandy's secondary. Im thrilled to death i got an invite, but they are killing me right now with the darn essays.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

oooh, i've been looking for a chance like this for a looong time...

god, i hope i dont sound too snotty and elitist, but this rant is only about as bad as DW's

WHY THE HELL DID HOPKINS REJECT ME JUST TWO WEEKS AFTER MY APP WAS COMPLETE? and how the hell could i have gotten interviews from upenn and washu, but not cornell and emory? and why did michigan have to tease us with that email? if i dont get in there, i really will kill myself, and not because i would die to go there (though it would be a great place to go to school) but just becuz they sent me that stupid email

im done, ill save my vendetta against stanford for another day

wow.... who ever knew october 14th would be sooooo stressful! i know tomorrow will be worse though...i'll be running around like a chicken with my head cut off! i've never been so anxious about something in my entire life!!!

AHHHHHHHH!

Hey!
I want to vent about this whole "hold" decision . . . I thought doctors were supposed to be decisive! I feel like being on hold is like - lets see what everyone else's numbers look like first before we see who you are as a person. Schools that put you on hold should at least have the courtesy to tell you you're in that category and what that category means. So far, all i've heard is "you'll hear before april". That sucks!