App status question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ph159

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application was complete and mailed out june 25th. I originally had 3 LORs (2 science profs and 1 dentist). I decided i wanted to add another school which requires 3 science profs. I found a professor willing to write one, and i sent in the 4th letter request on aadsas. The teacher hasnt completed the letter yet. My main question is:
Does having the 4th letter request make my app incomplete to schools that had already began reviewing it?

Also, just becuase my 4th letger isnt in yet, will schools put off making a decision on me?

This maybe a stupid question, but im just paranoid...

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I am aware, schools view your application as "complete" when they have received all of the required application materials. Since this is specific to each school, school A may only need 2 recommendation letters while school B may need 4, and school C needs one from a religious leader and dentist, etc. If you have fulfilled the requirements for the schools you have already applied to, I don't think that adding an extra LoR will somehow shift your app status to "incomplete" or delay your consideration. I would just focus on getting that last letter in for the school you added.

Reactions: 1 users
As far as I am aware, schools view your application as "complete" when they have received all of the required application materials. Since this is specific to each school, school A may only need 2 recommendation letters while school B may need 4, and school C needs one from a religious leader and dentist, etc. If you have fulfilled the requirements for the schools you have already applied to, I don't think that adding an extra LoR will somehow shift your app status to "incomplete" or delay your consideration. I would just focus on getting that last letter in for the school you added.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Which school is it? Maybe you or your professor could mail the extra letter directly to the admissions office.
Its Indiana University! and thanks, I am going to look into that.

Last edited:
So I took my DATs July 23 and esubmitted my app July 20th. I got an email requesting a transcript from a school i took one class at over the summer not at my primary university. The ADEA AADSAS company says my app will only be delayed by about 10 days so it should be sent by mid september to the 18 schools i applied to. I have a 3.8 GPA and 20 DAT score. I also speak a second language, have a lot of clinical and service hours as well. Will I still get interviewed/accepted, or am I too late for 2016 Matriculation?

Last edited: