1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

App Undelivered--Study Abroad Coursework

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by karling, Sep 19, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. karling

karling 2+ Year Member

Aug 5, 2014
    I'm confused as to how to enter study abroad coursework.

I originally entered them under both my home institution and the study abroad institution. It looked odd with the classes listed twice, so I called AACOMAS and they said to only list those courses under my home institution. OK, fine. I did so. Now my app is undelivered, and I'm told to list my study abroad courses under the foreign institution instead, and remove it from my home institution. So I changed it. A new issue has come up, and it's probably the reason why I listed them at both universities previously: My GPA is calculated differently than it was before. In fact, my study abroad courses are now not even counted in my GPA. I can change all the grades to an A, or all the grades to an F, and the GPA is completely unaffected. What am I doing wrong here?

Edit: Forget it. I'm just going to leave it as is, GPA unaffected, and resubmit. We'll see what happens.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. karling

karling 2+ Year Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Whoops. Meant to hit the edit button, not the quote button...