APPE/IPPE and Intern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yaksa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be entering p1 in temple pharmacy this coming fall.

When do you do APPE and IPPE???

What is the this intern hour thing also?

if you do APPE and IPPE between semesters, when can you actually finish intern hours??

I heard from someone that we have to fulfill 750 hrs that is outside of APPE/IPPE hrs in order to be certified in PA.

I am confused here. Can someone please clarify this for me?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You do a series of IPPE's your first three years (basically they consist of various assignments/quizzes and infrequent site visits). APPE's are done during your 4th year (APPE=clinical rotations) and consist of going to a specified pharmacy/pharmacy related site. Don't worry about meeting specific state mandated hours. You are going to a well established, accredited school so you will undoubtedly hit any arbitrary hourly requirement required by your state to become a registered pharmacist. Hope that helps.

You do a series of IPPE's your first three years (basically they consist of various assignments/quizzes and infrequent site visits). APPE's are done during your 4th year (APPE=clinical rotations) and consist of going to a specified pharmacy/pharmacy related site. Don't worry about meeting specific state mandated hours. You are going to a well established, accredited school so you will undoubtedly hit any arbitrary hourly requirement required by your state to become a registered pharmacist. Hope that helps.
Thank YOU!