Appleton and Lange practice questions book???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Babylonian

Gone Mad!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read through all the board stories and people keep making reference to Appleton and Lange practice questions book??? What is this?

Also, what is BSS (Board Simulator Series)???

Also, when people refer to the Goljan audio, what are people refering too? Is it the pathology audio?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

There are actually a few different Appleton and Lange question books. Check amazon.

BSS is a question bank on CD.

Goljan is the name of a pathology prof. People have been distributing a bootleg set of mp3s with pathology audio lectures.

hope this helps.

I'm not sure if Appleton and Lange had a falling out, but the most recent step 1 question book with both names on the cover is 2002.

Lange may have kicked Appleton out of bed... b/c the 2005 edition is the Lange Q & A.

http://www.gotmedbooks.com/findbooks.php?action=detail&num=115 - here is info on Lange book - I think a newer one might be out, so check amazon. The guide on gotmedbooks has info about Goljan - basically he is a professor from oaklahoma and teaches for Kaplan. His lectures are good and lots of students swear by them. BSS is probably on CD - but they do have a set of 4-5 books out. These are question books - but most students have felt that questions were too picky, etc. I think there are better questions books out there - like the lange and NMS one.

good luck,

viper said:
http://www.gotmedbooks.com/findbooks.php?action=detail&num=115 - here is info on Lange book - I think a newer one might be out, so check amazon. The guide on gotmedbooks has info about Goljan - basically he is a professor from oaklahoma and teaches for Kaplan. His lectures are good and lots of students swear by them. BSS is probably on CD - but they do have a set of 4-5 books out. These are question books - but most students have felt that questions were too picky, etc. I think there are better questions books out there - like the lange and NMS one.

good luck,

Great stuff :thumbup: , this is the book I was looking for. Thanks!