Xxx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Xxx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Thanks gonnif! I look forward to seeing many of the questions answered here reiterated in new threads over the coming year

Do you think the AMCAS application opening date will be impacted by the coronavirus due to many students having to reschedule their MCAT exams?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is very in-depth and an amazing resource!

I have 2 CC courses that were taken in high school that are random bio courses. They transferred to my university as "general elective credit" for 7 credits, but in the transcript I received from the CC, they were assigned grade values of "A".

Would this be calculated into my AMCAS GPA? My university doesn't factor these grades at all in my gpa which is why I'm confused now that I'm going through the AMCAS guide.

If so, would it be as 7 credits which is what my university assigned to them?

Yes to part of GPA
Yes to University that assigned credits

One last question,

I took another course at a university, lets say I took French 101 for 3 credits and got a final letter grade "A".

My university accepted this is French 101 for 3 credits AND 2 General Elective credits. When calculating my AMCAS GPA, would I have an A for 5 credit hours (as assigned by my university) or an A for 3 credit hours (as assigned by the university where the course was taken)?

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.