Application and MCAT timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Prettywoman0172

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently have my MCAT scheduled for 6/20. I am applying this cycle - MD and DO. I am at the end of a semester in which I took 24 credits and the workload is ridiculous (yes, I knew it would be). I am not studying for the MCAT during this last three weeks of school. I will have about 1 month to study full time after finals. I have not taken biochemistry. I have been thinking about pushing the MCAT back to 7/18 in order to have more time for studying. My question is this - will pushing back the MCAT significantly affect my chances for this cycle? (I will submit primary app prior to MCAT for verification.)

Thanks.
 
I think I am going to push MCAT back to 7/18. Not applying this year is not an option. I already delayed one year because I didnt have time to dedicate to MCAT study. I will have the summer off and can study full time. I appreciate your comment. Thank you!