Application competitiveness for Optometry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I would like to know how competitive I am for optometry school. My top choice schools are UHCO and UIWRSO as I am a Texas Resident. However, I do plan on applying to SCO, University of Alabama School of Optometry, Arizona College of Optometry, and Salus.
Here are my stats:
GPA: 3.93 Science GPA: 3.95
OAT: AA: 340 TS: 340
Extracurriculars/Experience: Shadowed three different optometrists at three types of practices for 100 hours, Worked as a Physics TA at my college for 1 year, Vice President of my university's pre-Opto association, Member of various organizations in college, and have completed plenty of volunteering hours, I also participated in UIWRSO's Summer optometry experience program along with their OPT APP sessions.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should be able to get into all of those programs, you are very competitive! Just make sure you spend time revising your application essay, get at least 1 letter of recommendation from an optometrist, you're prepared for your interview, and try to turn in your application as early as you can without sacrificing the quality of your application materials. I think you will be able to get into both UHCO and UIWRSO, as I did this year and with lower stats than you.

Reactions: 2 users