Application Cycle 2019: Chances?

Started by andh0016
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

andh0016

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Undergrad: Montana State University
Major: Exercise Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.82
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE:
(taking next week)
LOR: 1 from professor, 2 from physical therapist
Observation Hours: 200+ acute care aiding, 65 pediatric, 45 orthopedic outpatient
Extracurriculars: 3 year mentor to a elementary school student, working with disabled folks through a local program-- horsemanship/horticulture, Track and Field student athlete
Certifications: CPR
Plan on applying to: University of Montana, University of Utah, University of Washington, Eastern Washington... looking into some Texas/Arizona/Minnesota schools as well.

Concerns:
Afraid the LOR from my professor will be pretty blah. I was the type of student to learn/study/figure it out on my own vs. sitting in office hours.

I took organic chemistry (at the time was thinking pre-med) and it was the only class I got a B+/C+ in /is lowering my GPA. Wondering if this class still gets factored into pre-req science GPA even though I took general chemistry as well?

Any school recommendations on western half of US??
 
Last edited: