Application Cycle Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fiwb1027

Reaction score
I am wondering if you can apply more than 1 time per application cycle. I am wanting to apply for the 2023 cycle and I am planning on applying early in the cycle around August. If i do not get accepted in August, could I retake MCAT and re-apply for the same cycle in February 2023?

Members don't see this ad.

AFIK, you can only apply ONCE per application cycle. Do check with the AACPMAS, though. If you are not successful in the current process, reach out to the programs you have applied to and ask for feedback that you can improve. Once the current cycle closes on June 30th, the following cycle should begin sometime in July to early Sept. You can, at that point, transfer your 2022 app info to the 2023 cycle. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
The AACPMAS cycle begins in July every year, but many schools may fill classes all the way through June. Of course, the earlier you get accepted, the longer your file could be considered for financial aid and scholarships.

On the OP's plans: you should be able to submit by July/August. You likely can retake the MCAT in January-April and be eligible for a seat by the end of the cycle. Shoot for 500, but strong science and academic grades matter. So will shadowing a podiatrist. Begin networking with AACPM fairs or any school-specific recruitment events as soon as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
The AACPMAS cycle begins in July every year, but many schools may fill classes all the way through June. Of course, the earlier you get accepted, the longer your file could be considered for financial aid and scholarships.

On the OP's plans: you should be able to submit by July/August. You likely can retake the MCAT in January-April and be eligible for a seat by the end of the cycle. Shoot for 500, but strong science and academic grades matter. So will shadowing a podiatrist. Begin networking with AACPM fairs or any school-specific recruitment events as soon as possible.

Okay thank you that helps a ton! As of now my GPA is very average around a 3.3. Although my grades don't stand out much I do work in a podiatrists clinic as an MA, started a podiatry club at my University, research anti-fungal compounds, have a handful of shadowing hours outside of my job as well. Do these EC's help my chances despite a lower GPA and possibly a lower MCAT score? Would you suggest I really focus on improving my grades? Thank you!!

AFIK, you can only apply ONCE per application cycle. Do check with the AACPMAS, though. If you are not successful in the current process, reach out to the programs you have applied to and ask for feedback that you can improve. Once the current cycle closes on June 30th, the following cycle should begin sometime in July to early Sept. You can, at that point, transfer your 2022 app info to the 2023 cycle. Good luck!
Great information, thank you for your help!

Okay thank you that helps a ton! As of now my GPA is very average around a 3.3. Although my grades don't stand out much I do work in a podiatrists clinic as an MA, started a podiatry club at my University, research anti-fungal compounds, have a handful of shadowing hours outside of my job as well. Do these EC's help my chances despite a lower GPA and possibly a lower MCAT score? Would you suggest I really focus on improving my grades? Thank you!!
Can you state your GPA and MCAT?

Can you state your GPA and MCAT?
My cGPA is 3.4 and sGPA is a 3.3. I haven't taken the MCAT yet but my practice tests have been around 495 so not great. My MCAT is scheduled for middle of June so I have some more time to prepare.

@fiwb1027 You still have time to study for your MCAT so don't worry.

I love your experience with podiatry-- you will be able to answer why you chose to apply easily and show you know what this field entails. I like that you started a podiatry club and the research. You definitely have things to talk about at your interview. I do a lot of interview things at my school for prospective students (I graduate next month). All that to say, your ECs will help!

I'd take the MCAT, see what your score is, but likely you'll be fine applying for the next cycle. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
@fiwb1027 You still have time to study for your MCAT so don't worry.

I love your experience with podiatry-- you will be able to answer why you chose to apply easily and show you know what this field entails. I like that you started a podiatry club and the research. You definitely have things to talk about at your interview. I do a lot of interview things at my school for prospective students (I graduate next month). All that to say, your ECs will help!

I'd take the MCAT, see what your score is, but likely you'll be fine applying for the next cycle. Good luck!
Congrats on graduating! Thank you for your helpful insight.

Reactions: 2 users