application cycle..when to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riseNshine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I attend a UC school and I plan to apply the next cycle. I'm planning out what classes to take for this quarter along with winter and spring and I was wondering if spring grades even matter..someone told me if u want to apply right when the app comes out (which is favorable), then u should get your transcript verified early and in that case, spring grades don't matter...

if do we want spring grades to be considered, how much later will our app get processed..grades for UC spring quarter usually aren't out until 6/15(Earliest)

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. I attend a UC school and I plan to apply the next cycle. I'm planning out what classes to take for this quarter along with winter and spring and I was wondering if spring grades even matter..someone told me if u want to apply right when the app comes out (which is favorable), then u should get your transcript verified early and in that case, spring grades don't matter...

if do we want spring grades to be considered, how much later will our app get processed..grades for UC spring quarter usually aren't out until 6/15(Earliest)

thanks

Spring grades do matter, they are another semesters worth of credits that schools want to see, and of course they are calculated into the GPA. Most people will be submitting spring grades.

If your transcripts are officially released by the school on 6/15, and AMCAS gets it by say 6/20, I'd say your verification might take 2-3 weeks. You will be fine. June vs. July makes marginal difference, most schools don't even look at apps till mid-late July anyways.

thanks

AMCAS will consider only the most up to date transcript you submit at the time of verification. So if you submitted on June 2nd, and it gets verified the next day, then your spring courses and senior year courses will be listed as a future course and their grades do not factor into AMCAS calculations. However, most schools expect you to update them on a regular basis with significant things such as grades, achievements, etc. Certainly many will ask you if they grant you an interview. Many will even have the policy stating that you must send in updated transcripts whenever they are available. Thus, the schools will find out at some point.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely wait for your spring grades. As long as you're complete by July or early to mid August (which you should be if you submit in mid June) you'll be perfectly fine.

I'll second this. I also go to a UC, and I waited until my spring grades were on my transcript before sending it off to AMCAS (assuming you'll get good grades ;))