application cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arthur aga

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really confused if I want to start dental school fall 2017 when must i apply.thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So we cannot upload recommendation letters or input grades from undergrad until June 1st?

How long do recommendation letters take to be linked to the application?
How long does it take for the official DAT scores to be sent to your application so it is complete?

I'm taking the DAT at the end of February and I want to apply for the 2017 cycle.

I want to get a head start on the application, so I'm starting to write my personal statement this month and hopefully get it done by the end of February.

How many hours of shadowing/volunteering do you think is average for people being accepted?

Any information will be appreciated!!!

So we cannot upload recommendation letters or input grades from undergrad until June 1st?

How long does it take for the official DAT scores to be sent to your application so it is complete?

I'm taking the DAT at the end of February and I want to apply for the 2017 cycle.

I want to get a head start on the application, so I'm starting to write my personal statement this month and hopefully get it done by the end of February.

How many hours of shadowing/volunteering do you think is average for people being accepted?

Any information will be appreciated!!!

It's good to get your PS finished as early as possible. I finished mine over the summer and have had my health committee/professors look over it since then. I believe it is a huge part of your application so I put a lot of time into it. As for shadowing you usually want around 100+ to satisfy requirements for all schools. There isn't really a threshold for volunteering hours, but obviously the more you do the better off you are. I am also applying for the same cycle as you are, good luck!

To pitch in, DAT scores take about 2-3 weeks to be posted, from my experience. You should have your scores in second or third week of March if you take it late February.

Reactions: 1 user
Yup. You have to wait until the app opens for your cycle.

I think it's nearly instant... not sure.

I believe it was two weeks after the exam date.

It's recommended to have 100+ for each, to be safe.