Application Cycles Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many total number of VMCAS application cycles have you submitted?

Votes: 61 62.2%

Votes: 28 28.6%

Votes: 3 3.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 3.1%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 2 2.0%

• 10 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2nd and last time i am applying..i did 5 avma schools and 2 caribbean....cuz i can't wait any longeR! :sleep::smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

2nd and last time i am applying..i did 5 avma schools and 2 caribbean....cuz i can't wait any longeR! :sleep::smuggrin:

So Jeeney did you ever make a decision on which Carib school you would go to if US doesnt come through

Members don't see this ad :)
So Jeeney did you ever make a decision on which Carib school you would go to if US doesnt come through

um..no actually...i guess whichever accepts me..lol..i just turned in Ross' application like a week ago and am in thE process of turning in SGU's....

i was reading your other post about you applying to st. matthews....how did that go? my friend is in her first semester over there right now....i was thinking of doing that school too, but i'm not too sure now...*sigh* because their vet program seems very new, but i don't know..-_-

Accepted. I was the first applicant accepted to the summer 08 cycle because my original application was for Spring 08 but I decided to defer and see what happens with UGA. But at this point Im pretty sure Im going to SMU so Im very excited to start getting things going. All the immigration crap is a pain and Im scrambling to get my hepatitis and rabies preexposure vaccines but I found out yesterday Im first on the RH list so that means I dont have to have a roomate-Yeah!

Yes, the program is newer but that has some advantages. Plus my personal unexperienced opinion (more like thoughts really) is that whatever program you attend, You get out of it what you put into it. While an older program may have all the kinks worked out (so to speak), it doesnt guarentee you a better education. Hard work and even harder studying is what gets the job done. And I kinda like the idea of the smaller classes-Im hoping that translates to more comradery but??? Dont get me wrong, I would love nothing more than to stay home in the US with my family and if UGA sends me a letter you can bet you a** Im gonna overnight my seat deposit the very next day-LOL. But one great benefit of SMU is I will be out practicing in 3 years which when your supporting a family is an important concern. I was thinking I can take the PAVE and practice in VA (DE doesnt accept) until I feel confident enough to take the ECFEG (god its so expensive-dont wanna have to take that more than once). Now, I just hope I can match to NCSU for clinicals.

And they just built a brand new clinical hospital site on campus for the students to get hands on while they are on the island, so they are definately committed to ensuring the programs quality.

Have you talk to your friend lately, what are her thoughts so far? Ive talked to a bunch of students over there...do you know what her SMU username is? I might know her.

Accepted. I was the first applicant accepted to the summer 08 cycle because my original application was for Spring 08 but I decided to defer and see what happens with UGA. But at this point Im pretty sure Im going to SMU so Im very excited to start getting things going. All the immigration crap is a pain and Im scrambling to get my hepatitis and rabies preexposure vaccines but I found out yesterday Im first on the RH list so that means I dont have to have a roomate-Yeah!

Yes, the program is newer but that has some advantages. Plus my personal unexperienced opinion (more like thoughts really) is that whatever program you attend, You get out of it what you put into it. While an older program may have all the kinks worked out (so to speak), it doesnt guarentee you a better education. Hard work and even harder studying is what gets the job done. And I kinda like the idea of the smaller classes-Im hoping that translates to more comradery but??? Dont get me wrong, I would love nothing more than to stay home in the US with my family and if UGA sends me a letter you can bet you a** Im gonna overnight my seat deposit the very next day-LOL. But one great benefit of SMU is I will be out practicing in 3 years which when your supporting a family is an important concern. I was thinking I can take the PAVE and practice in VA (DE doesnt accept) until I feel confident enough to take the ECFEG (god its so expensive-dont wanna have to take that more than once). Now, I just hope I can match to NCSU for clinicals.

And they just built a brand new clinical hospital site on campus for the students to get hands on while they are on the island, so they are definately committed to ensuring the programs quality.

Have you talk to your friend lately, what are her thoughts so far? Ive talked to a bunch of students over there...do you know what her SMU username is? I might know her.

my friend oveR in smu likes it so far...she says the campus looks like paradise and that she feels like the education she's receiving is goood...um...as for her smu username, im not sure what it is, but i can give you her real name if your really wondering? hehe....do u know where i can find more information that compares the veterinary schools in the caribbeans because i had already applied to ross and am looking into applying to st. george or smu, but am not too sure if i should or not *sigH*

Jeeney, what kind of information are you looking for so I can direct you appropriately? Most information such as curriculum, application processes, US school affliations, campus info can be extrapolated from each of the schools websites. I never seen a one page comparison sheet for all schools-that would be interesting to look at.
I am most interested in finding statistics on what percentage of graduates from carribean schools pass the licensure requirements on their first attempt and of those students what clinical site did they attend? I think this would be invaluable but I cant find it. (SMU wouldnt have stats for Vet medicine because their first class is just entering clinicals this semester.) Anyone else might know where to look for ECFVG or PAVE stats?