Application Deadline and OAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pocketfullofposey

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I take the OAT only a week before a school's deadline, will they still consider my application?

Also, what are the odds that I even get accepted to a school if I were applying in Februrary?

Schools: SCCO, Pacific, Western University, Midwestern, New England and maybe SUNY (though I'm not sure it's even worth applying there)

I'm also trying to decide if it's worth applying this year at all. I am 26 so I feel like I'm getting old and I would love to start at 27 rather than 28.
 
If I take the OAT only a week before a school's deadline, will they still consider my application?

Also, what are the odds that I even get accepted to a school if I were applying in Februrary?

Schools: SCCO, Pacific, Western University, Midwestern, New England and maybe SUNY (though I'm not sure it's even worth applying there)

I'm also trying to decide if it's worth applying this year at all. I am 26 so I feel like I'm getting old and I would love to start at 27 rather than 28.

To be very honest, the application will probably not be considered. It takes a month for the OAT itself to be processed and sent to the school and by then most maybe all the seats will be filled.