Application deadline vs. "Submit by" date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hermionegranger9

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused as to which date is best to take the GRE for certain schools. For example, for Boston University it says in PTCAS to apply by November 1 but the deadline is October 15. However, on PTCAS it says that the last GRE test day that they accept is September 15.. 2 months before the actual deadline. Given that it takes about 10-15 business days for the scores to be processed and reach the colleges you send them to, if you send them at the testing center I assume, then wouldn't it be ok to take it on the 15th.

I'm not sure if this is an error or something because for UNC-Chapel Hills program the deadline is October 1 but the apply by date is September 15. Yet, their PTCAS profile states that the last GRE test day they accept is September 28.

I am really confused because I currently am debating on whether to take my exam on September 12 or 16. I can't take it on the 15 because that is a Sunday and my local testing centers don't do exams on the weekends. I want to do the 16th but I am scared it won't be accepted by BU.

Also, does anyone know the last day to take the GRE for MGHIHP? The deadline is also Oct 1 and apply by date is September 15.

Members don't see this ad.