Application deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dena1342

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here are the stats:

OAT AA 350, TS 360
GPA 3.79 with all prereqs completed
Lots of EC and leadership positions
Worked at Lenscrafter for 1 year, and in a private practice for a year

Taking into account rolling admission, I obviously want to get all of my application materials in ASAP. I'm working on my essays right now and will hopefully have all of my letters into admissions offices by September 14th.

I just wanted to see what you guys thought about the timeline that I am working with. Is applying in September early enough to still have a high chance of admission and scholarships, or am I starting to push it?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Here are the stats:

OAT AA 350, TS 360

Taking into account rolling admission, I obviously want to get all of my application materials in ASAP. I'm working on my essays right now and will hopefully have all of my letters into admissions offices by September 14th.

I just wanted to see what you guys thought about the timeline that I am working with. Is applying in September early enough to still have a high chance of admission and scholarships, or am I starting to push it?

Thanks

september is still relatively early in the application cycle

Here are the stats:

OAT AA 350, TS 360

Thanks

Where are you applying?

Here are the stats:

OAT AA 350, TS 360

Thanks

I'm trying to get all my stuff out this weekend, but I don't have my OAT scores yet (September 20th), so we're on pretty similar schedules. As someone said before, September is still relatively early in the cycle, but it obviously depends where you're applying. Some schools have already offered interviews.

What kind of scholarships were you looking at? Maybe this is silly, but I wasn't even aware that optometry schools gave scholarships.